Having a home health care professional should not only come to mind in case of emergencies or health needs necessitating hospitalization. Many seniors can benefit from regularly scheduled visits from a home health caregiver to monitor their health, follow up doctor’s appointment and help with other tasks.
Here are some telling signs that your elderly loved one needs home health care.
– Their personal hygiene and appearance is neglected.
– Frequent forgetfulness, they have difficulty remembering names, places, appointments or where they keep things.
– Difficulty managing medication
– Poor physical health
– Their homes are not maintained
– Reduced mobility; difficulty moving around
– Repeated falls or injury
– Bed sores.
Having professional home healthcare can supplement the care that families are already providing to senior loved ones and help keep seniors healthier even if they have chronic health conditions.