Borrowing from its implementation at the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN), the Clinical Nurse Leader
(CNL) is a transformational leader who uses more than one style of leadership to get their employees to perform at a level of excellence.
This is a concept I have been struggling to bring within our local context for some time now. When executed properly, the value a CNL brings to patient outcome is quite significant.
We now have the opportunity to bring this best practice within our services at Safety Watchers. Have a Master level or higher to ensure they manage a microsystem of patients and monitor outcomes for each of them enables us to give the best quality care one could hope for within our local context.
To be a CNL with our startup, there are a few qualities we look for:
1. Technology awareness: You must be comfortable with digital applications.
2. Diversity mindset: You must be able to work with different people from different backgrounds.
3. Reasoned decision making: You must not only be able to make decisions in difficult situations but be able to back them up with sound research.
4. Embrace what we stand for: Quality and Safety.
5. Be a team player and leader: Working in a community means that we have to be role models even in our private lives. You don’t want to be the talk of the town in Sunday meetings.
6. Cope in a dynamic environment: the work we do is never the same from patient to patient. Outcomes may vary. You must be collective enough to ride the wave of change.
Do you want to take control of your career? Do you care deeply for others? Do you want to earn more while you keep your current job?
Join us now!